Everything you need to know for perfect brows + General tips





Brows brows brows, They are the MOST important step in doing your makeup, they define your face and complete your routine.

I love doing my brows and nothing satisfies me more than when my brows are complete because they bring a whole look together. You can go from a 0 to a 10 real quick.

Over the years of perfecting my brows, I have definitely learnt a few tips and tricks along the way and I'm glad I can share them with you.

Even though I know what I am doing when it comes to my brows and doing the same steps each day I still make mistakes or they still turn out differently each day because eyebrows are sisters, not twins. 
Remember that when you are doing your brows.







What i use: 
  1. I love to use Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow in the shade ebony I've been using this for YEARS! ever since they launched the dip brow, it is quite difficult to use at first but as long as you have the right brush then you will get the hang of it.  
  2. I love to use Holy grail cosmetics brow definer brush to apply the dip brow onto my brow, a small definer brush is always the key for a natural brow. 
How I apply: 

  • I like to apply my dip brow after I have applied my foundation, I find doing your brows before foundation looks really dark and unnatural. I like to dip my brush into the dip brow once just to draw two lines, one under my brow and one on the top of my brow then connect both of them to the end of my tail. I never start at the front of my brow I always start applying product just before the arch starts and with the left over product on my brush I then softly move my brush back and forth for a natural look. 
  • Once I have done most of my brows I then like to apply the rest of the product that is on my brush and brush up when I reach the head of the brow, stroking up and side wides. 


  • One thing I also like to add to my routine if my brows are looking too harsh is to outline my brows with a concealer with a small flat brush and draw two lines at the end of my arch and connecting both of the lines to the end of the tail. Then I blend out those lines with a baby beauty blender. 
Doing that step really defines your brow and really makes them all clean and put together. 


General tips: 
  1. make sure you start with fresh brows aka no product in them, remove foundation or any other makeup with an eyebrow spoolie. Also, make sure they are dry when you are applying your dip brow to your brows.  
  2. Figure out what eyebrow shape you have and that will help you fill your brows in. 
  3. Know where your brow starts,  Most eyebrows begins at the start of your nostrils. 
  4. Make sure you clean your brows regularly so there's no outgrown hairs poping out saying hi, while you're filling them in. They look nicer when you get them wax monthly. 
  5. If you pluck them yourself make sure you apply an eyebrow pencil like the picture above so you don't over pluck. 
  6. While plucking your own eyebrows don't stand so close to the mirror make sure you stand at least a couple of steps away so you can see everything. 
  7.  Add a white matte eyeshadow under the brow to highlight the brow bone so they don't look dull. 




I hope you enjoyed this post!
Jess Xx

Comments

Popular Posts