How to get long lasting foundation

Hey Hey,

As a Qualified makeup artist i always get questions on "how can i get a long lasting foundation" and "can i stop my foundation from looking cakey all the time" well well, this post is just for you.

For long lasting foundation is more then one step, theres multiple steps which you need to add to your foundation routine for your application to go on smoothly.






Skin care, Skin care is the most important step in making your foundation last longer and stopping your foundation looking cakey. I've never been into skin care until recently Bior skin care reached out and sent me a few products to try and ever since then i have been obsessed on keeping my skin clear and perfect.

I will create a detailed blog post on what each skin care products do for your skin later on but in the mean time i will just share what i use.

I use pore detoxifying foam cleanser to remove all my face makeup, then once i have removed most of it off i then apply the biore' free your pores tripple action toner and that just removes the reminding makeup that is on your skin. After i apply those two products onto my skin i then apply blemish clearing scrub or charcoal acne scrub. I also like to apply moisturiser onto my skin to make sure my face doesn't feel dry after using all those products.

After doing your skin care every single day no matter if you have or haven't got makeup on that is just one step closer in making your foundation last longer.




Now once the skin care part has been taken care of you need to focus on prepping your skin for your foundation to stick on. Your foundation needs a base to stick on for it to smooth on nicely. Never put your foundation straight onto your skin without putting something under it, thats when you will get break outs.

First thing i always moisturise my skin i put a generous amount of moisturiser onto my skin and blend it in, applying moisturiser hydrates your skin so your skin won't get all dry. You can use any moisturiser.  Once you have applied your moisturiser i don't always do this but only in the colder months where my skin might get a little bit drier and that is to spray my face with a rose water spray, this also helps to hydrate your skin. The one i like to use is the rose water spray Mario Badescu.

Hydrating your skin makes your skin looking fresh for your foundation and so your foundation doesn't get all patchy and dry.

Once you have hydrated your face the next thing you need to do is prime your face. Priming your face is a base between your skin and your foundation, where your foundation will stick on and so you don't get pimples. I like to use Too face hangover primer or Huda beauty primer.

Apply primer and wait a minute for your skin too get all tacky and sticky. After waiting for your primer to dry, i like to apply strobe cream by Mac cosmetics to make my face look dewy. You don't have to do this but i'd recommend adding this to your routine.

Then once all the base is done and looked after you can now apply your foundation. I like to use a Beauty blender and bounce it onto my skin for a flawless base.

After applying all your products ALWAYS set your makeup, this is a must if you want your makeup to last longer then 2-3 hours. I love and always swear by is urban decay all nighter setting spray.

I hope this post help you and give you some tips for long lasting foundation.

Jess XO



Comments

Popular Posts