Foundation routine for winter

As I was going through my blog for more ideas I realised I've never actually posted about my foundation routine, I know I've done posts all about skin care and how to pick your foundation shade but never my actual routine, crazy I know?

I'm going to tell you to step by step on how I get dewy long lasting full coverage foundation routine for the winter time. I don't have a set routine all year around for my foundation because I prefer different looks and different finishes, in summer I prefer a matte finish because of all the sweat and if I have my base matte I won't look too dewy. In winter I like to look dewy because I don't want to look dry.

So let's get dewy,





Step 1: 
I like to apply moisturiser first to hydrate my skin and the moisturiser I use is the Nivea moisturiser. I find hydrating your skin is really important in winter because it helps you stop getting dry skin and flaky skin in the colder months.




Step 2: 
I don't really have a primer right now in my routine because I'm all about that dewy look, for a primer I use the Mac cosmetics strobe cream to add as a base to make my skin extra glowy.

Step 3: 
After applying my moisturiser & Strobe cream I like to apply my foundation. I've been using the Nars longwear radiant foundation for the last couple of months and mixing this with the strobe cream is the perfect base for a dewy finish. This combination has been my favourite so far, applying my foundation with a beauty blender for that flawless finish.


Step 4: 
Now that my foundation is applied to my skin I like to apply some concealer under my eyes to brighten up my face. I toss between two concealers and it really depends on what finish I am after, I like to use Tarte shape tape concealer or the Nars soft matte concealer.



Step 5: 
Once I have finished applying my base I like to use some rose water spray by Mario Badescu to make sure everything sets into place and to make my foundation that little dewier. While the spray is drying I like to dab my beauty blender to make sure the rose water is set into my skin.


Step 6: 
Now all my face products are on my skin I don't always get a translucent powder to set my face if I know I am using cream products. On the days I know I am using cream products then I will set my under eye concealer with the kat von d shade in the light palette and then set my bronzer with the mac give me sun. The bronzer always changes depending on whether I have a fake tan on or not.




Step 7 
After completing all my base makeup I like to spray setting spray all over my face. I usually use the urban decay all nighter setting spray.




This is how I apply my foundation every single day, the only time I change things up is my contour, blush and highlighting routine. If you would like me to do a blog post on everything about that then let me know on Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts