Hourglass translucent powder review


I can't believe I finally got my hands on this powder I've been wanting this powder ever since Jaclyn hill started raving about it. Whatever Jaclyn hill has, I have to have. She's the queen of makeup and her base always look incredible.


Anyways..  once the hourglass powder came to Perth I bought it straight away since Australia is always so behind on makeup releases I was glad I didn't have to wait as long to get my hands on the powder.



Claims 
Adorn the skin with a sheer dusting of this ultra-refined, weightless finishing powder to instantly blur imperfections and set makeup in place for a flawless, airbrushed complexion that stands the test of time.  
  • A finely milled, translucent setting powder infused with light-reflective particles for your most flawless, diffused complexion imaginable
  • Infused with light-reflective diamond powder for maximum light refraction and blurring of imperfections without any flashback 
  • Equipped with a clever gold sifter design that ensures you dispense just the right amount of product each time
  • This translucent, free-from-talc powder is completely invisible and undetectable on the skin, making it ideal for all skin tones
Cost 
 Hourglass is a luxury brand so it is a little bit pricey than a standard translucent powder. In Australia, it is selling for $67 I personally think its worth the price because of the packaging and the powder itself is amazing.

Packaging
I'm a sucker for nice packaging and I've always been a lover of hourglasses packing. Since hourglass is a luxury brand usually a brand that is high end always have the nicest packaging. This hourglass powder has a brown lid with a clear bottom and gold writing (just like all there another packing) When you open up the powder the inside is all gold and it's amazing! With the letter H for where all the powder comes out.

What it looks like on the skin
The claims on the Mecca website that it is supposed to make your skin flawless and blur out any "imperfections" you have. Here are some photos of that the powder looks like



Overall thoughts 
I love this powder, I love how this powder makes your skin look satiny (if that's even a word) it definitely blurs out your pores and your skin you only need a little bit of the powder and it goes a long way. I only wear this powder for special occasions because it is a little pricey to use every single day.
Hourglass did launch a brush with this powder but it comes separately I personally think that its a good idea to have a brush that is made for a translucent powder if you are just starting out, I personally didn't purchase the brush because I don't really need any more brushes to add to my collection ah ah.

Jess Xx

Comments

Popular Posts