How I afford to buy high end makeup on a low budget

If your reading this I'm sure you found my blog through my IG, (and if you didn't then well this is awkward) whenever I post makeup looks most of the time I use high-end products. I don't know what it is about high-end makeup that I like more than drugstore makeup. I think its the feeling you get when you purchase something luxury you get the warm fuzzy feeling of joy, the quality of the product is always that little bit better and the packaging is amazing, I'm always a sucker for nice packaging.

I've been collecting makeup ever since high school, but in saying that I've never been able to get high-end makeup at the start of my makeup journey.   




I always get questions on how I can afford to buy high-end makeup all the time on a low budget by people in my personal life so I thought I'd give you some tips I've learnt over the years. I won't tell you how much I earn because obviously you never ask that question to someone you don't know personally but let's just say its under the average amount since I only work part-time and 18 hours a week.

I've been doing that contract for the last 3 years and yes I know its low hours to work but I've managed to work around it and learn how to live within my means and also still save a lot of money.


 TIPS: 

  • Find a phone bill that isn't crazy expensive, I've recently changed phone companies and paid my phone plan all at once instead of monthly, which is 100x cheaper than spending $100 a month on a phone plan. I paid $315 all at once (23 gigs a month) and now I don't have to spend a cent on my phone plan until next year, do some research and cut down on where you can. 

  • Spend less money on drinks and alcohol when you are out,  but that doesn't mean completely cutting off alcohol because you still need to have fun but instead of buying all your drinks when you out have pre's at a friends house and maybe have one or two when your out. After cutting down on how much I spend on alcohol I've saved so much money. 

  • Since I don't drive a lot (hate it with a passion) I catch public transport to work and drive one day a week to spend less money on parking. I can't stand spending money on parking and petrol because let's be real I'd rather spend that money on something else. If you can catch a bus to work or you live near a bus root then chuck driving to work every day in.  you'll save a lot of money on petrol and parking if you don't drive to work every day of the week. You'll easy save $50-$60 a week on this.  (for people that have to pay for parking at work) 

  • Cut down on buying lunch during the week. This is another thing I use to do all the time mainly because I was lazy and didn't want to cook  (which is still the case) instead of buying lunch every day before work or after I eat something already at home. Which I also have now saved another $50-$60 a week by doing so. 

  • When you go out for meals plan ahead of time by knowing what you are already are going to eat look at the menu (if you know where you are going) then choose what you want and put aside that money for your occasion. I only do this if I go out and eat for the whole weekend I usually put aside $50-$60 just for food and drinks, I also pick the cheapest thing on the menu (if I like it) and get that, just to save money.

  •  Spend less money on things you want and don't need, I use to have an issue on buying stuff just for the sake of buying things because they are in trend at that time.  Yes, its good to spoil yourself (strong believer of it) but if you don't really need it then don't buy it. If you do really want it to wait a couple of days or weeks and if you still want it then buy it. Always think about your purchases when you are saving money. 

  • When a brand comes out with a new product that everyone is raving about, watch reviews first and see if you like what the product is about. Also, think while watching the reviews and think do I really need this? do I already have a product similar to this? I use to buy similar products before which is pointless because you can spend that money on a product that you don't have. 



After following all these steps I have saved a lot of money over the year or so and with spending less money on things I don't NEED I've been able to spend that extra money that I've saved on high-end makeup. When you are looking at buying anything just think before purchasing it "do I really need it"? and if the answer is no then put it back or think about it for a couple of days like I said above. 

People tend to think of earning a low budget really limits what you do and what you buy, but it doesn't. It just makes you smarter with your money. These tips don't just apply to people wanting to buy high-end makeup these tips could also help anyone that wants to buy anything nice for themselves or just want to save money in general. 

Jess Xx 

Comments

Popular Posts