How to clean your brushes


We all know I love to beat my face with A LOT of makeup there's no secret there, I'm sure we all know how makeup brushes are used right? We have a concealer buffer brush to apply the concealer on your blemishes then we have a foundation brush to blend in your foundation, you get the idea. But if you are new to this whole makeup industry then your properly thinking why do they get so dirty all the time? why did I get the black eyeshadow on my eyelid when I applied the brown shadow on instead?


Well, that's because you NEED to clean your brushes, I know. You need to clean your brushes? yes, that's right, how else do you tend to get rid of that black eyeshadow you applied earlier that week so the next time you apply your shadow it doesn't come out another colour (we've all been there).

I'm not going to try and turn you off from cleaning your brushes but it is THE WORST job ever! I hate it, I'd rather clean the house then clean my brushes. When I do clean my brushes it takes at least 1 hour to JUST clean my eye brushes.

If you have gotten this far in my post I guess your thinking but if you hate cleaning your brushes so much why do you have to clean them? The reason why we clean our brushes is that of all the bacteria, oils & germs from the old makeup that's sitting in your brushes over time builds up and when you put that on your face your skin will break out.

As a newbie to the makeup world, I remember thinking how do I clean my brushes? what do I use? and what do I clean them on? well cleaning your brushes don't coast a lot of money all you need is some shampoo or soap. using shampoo is a good idea mainly because most of the time makeup brushes are made from real hair and in that case they need to be treated like real hair.

For a while, I use to wipe my brushes on a towel or a hand towel which is completely fine, but when you have as many brushes as I do I can be a little slow. I recommend purchasing one of these bad boys.
Photo credit: Sephora





Getting one of these sponges had made my life that little bit easier. All you have to do is wet your brush with some water first, pour some shampoo onto your brush and then move your brush back and forth and do this a couple of times it should do the job.
How to clean 
  •  Get your water running and place your brush directly under the tap so the hairs will become wet. 
  • Apply shampoo to your brush hairs (try not to get them at the end of your brush hairs only at the tip) 
  • Make the back to forth movement until you notice all the makeup is gone. 
  • Squeeze the brush hairs together at the end to remove any water that would be left in your brush. 
  • Place your brush on a towel for your brush to dry. 

Hot tips 
  • Make sure when you are cleaning your brushes you don't place the cleaning product all the way through your brush, because if you do that and when you are moving your brush back to forth the shampoo will loosen all the glue that is holding the brush together and will make the brush fall apart. 
  • Best thing to do is just apply the shampoo at the tip and do slow movements so the shampoo doesn't reach the bottom. 
  • Make sure your water is warm and not super hot. If the water is super hot that is also another reason for the glue in your brush to break. While cleaning your brush you don't want to ruin your brushes and keep them in the best shape possible. 



Comments

Popular Posts