What is the difference between contouring and bronzing


Since I have done a blog post all about cream contour I thought I'd do another blog post about this topic but knowing the difference between contouring and bronzing.  I know when I first started out with makeup I had no idea there was a difference between contouring and bronzing.




What is contouring?
The difference between contouring is a product that is a shade darker than your natural skin tone which then makes your face look more sculpted and not so flat. Usually, you use a product that is more on the grey side which makes an illusion of a shadow. 

Products to use: 

What is bronzing? 
Bronzing is where you add a "natural glow" to your face as if you have been laying in the sun all day for that sun-kissed look. To achieve the bronzed look you go for a product that is more on the orange/tanned side of things.  

Products to use: 


I'm sure at some stage this has come across your mind while searching all about this topic. What comes first? Contouring or bronzing? This one is a hard one to answer since makeup has no rules as to what comes first and what comes last. It all comes down to your personal preference and what look you like better. 

I personally like to add the bronzer on first and then a little bit of a contour shade just to sculpt out my face to make it look more defined.  

Where do I contour and bronze? 
This one is a hard one to answer because we all have different face shapes but if you have the same face shape as I do which is a long shape then these are the areas I contour & bronze. 




If you do not have the same face shape as I do here is a chart with all the different face shapes there are.



 If you would like me to do a blog post all about face shapes and how to find out what face shape you are then please let me know. If this blog post has helped you master the whole art of contouring and bronzing and you would like to know how to take you contouring game to the next level and learn how to cream contour I have a blog post covering all that goodness. 

Jess Xx 

Comments

Popular Posts