How I edit my Instagram photos: 2018


           

I'm sure you all know that Instagram is one of my favourite social media platforms, I love how you can show off all your creativity in the one place and you also get to look back on all your previous work like a photo album.



I have previously have done a How I edit my Instagram pictures before and it was one of my most popular posts, I thought I'd do an updated one since now I have two accounts and have changed everything.

Previously I use to take all of my pictures on my Sony A5100 which I still use but only take pictures with that camera for my blog for more of a professional look, but now for my Instagram pictures, I use my iPhone X.
The iPhone X's camera is incredible that you don't need to use a fancy camera to get amazing quality photos, just need to add some edits and fix the brightness of the photos and bam! your pictures look amazing.


Now I use about 3 apps to edit all of my pictures and I use all 3 apps for different things. The 3 apps I use are Lightroom, Vsco cam and facetune.
Let me start with Lightroom, I've only just started using Lightroom this year just to fix up the colours and the light in my pictures and It makes such a huge difference.
Lightroom:

I'm sure you can already tell a huge difference between these two pictures, the colours are richer and more vibrant than the photo on the left. When I open up a photo in Lightroom I see what colours are in the picture then I select the colour and then adjust the colour on the app. 



In Lightroom, I always like to bring up the Huge and the Luminance and just adjust it to however I think suits the picture. I always like to have it roughly all the same on each colour so there are pretty even.                                                        Vsco Cam :


Once I have finished in Lightroom I then open up Vscocam and put a soft filter on all of my photos, I like to use S1 since it adds a nice light to all my pictures and doesn't look over the top I then adjust the filter to however I like depending on the picture. 

There is also a feature on Vsco cam that I always like to use which is the grain filter and I usually bring that up to about 3 just so it's not overbearing. 


Facetune: 

As I have previously mentioned above I have already done a 'how I edit my Instagram pictures' and in that post, I have spoken about how I use facetune and it hasn't changed since then and if you would like to read how I use facetune then please click here

Instagram: 

Lately, I have been loving the Instagram editing tool on the app itself to adjust everything for the final time like the brightness and the contrast 

Brightness: 
 Open up the brightness and drag the tool up to 17. If that is too bright for your picture then bring it up or down to whatever suits. 

Contrast: 
Open up the contrast and bring the contrast around 7-10 again depending on your picture you do not want to over edit. Make sure all your editing is as natural as possible. 

Highlights: 
Bring highlights down to around 2-4. 

Shadows: 
bring shadows down to 2-4 same as highlights. 

Sharpen: 
Now, this is by far my favourite tool on Instagram. You do not need a fancy camera to have a clear picture. All you really need is this tool. Bring the sharpen tool up too 30. And wallah. It looks like it's been taken on a REALLY good camera. 



 


I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial on how I edit my Instagram pictures, I also do all these steps on all of my photos including my makeup Instagram. 

Love, 





Comments

Popular Posts