Makeup brushes must haves for beginners



I remember when I first started out in makeup I was so overwhelmed by makeup brushes mainly because there is so many of them. I use to think there just brushes why do you need to have so many of them? When they all do the same things. Well obviously I was wrong, the more I learnt about makeup and did different techniques the more I realised I do need all these brushes.




Trying to explain to someone that isn't into makeup is so hard sometimes because they get so confused as to why one person needs that many to paint their face if their not doing freelance, I totally understand where they're coming from because I use to be like them before I got hooked.

In this post, I'm hoping that I will be able to clear up any confusion and help you feel a little less overwhelmed by all of this. I just want to quickly put a disclaimer out there before I carry on that I am not sponsored (I wish) by Sigma beauty I just prefer their brushes over other companies.




Choosing makeup brushes is fun if you think about it this way you get the chance to choose from so many companies that do different style of brushes. I personally use Sigma Beauty for all my brushes so I can't really comment on other companies and how they work but I can help you pick out some fab brushes from Sigma. There are other companies such as Morphe & Zoeva have really good brushes from what I have heard, I'm sure there are plenty of reviews that can help you choose the perfect brush for you. 

Now that is all out of the way, let's get to the fun part of this blog post. If you are just starting out and wanting to improve your brush set then I recommend getting your brushes separately rather then in a set, unless you are wanting to start a makeup course later on in time.  

When I went to makeup academy they did give me a free brush set for my course (which I was grateful for) because it's a good way to learn how to use what brush & how to clean them. 

Once I left college I did want to become more advanced with my techniques and get more brushes, I did some research on what brush set was the most popular and what brush set would benefit me the most. I went with the sigma brushes copper set (pictured above) the set did come with 29 brushes. 

After using these brushes almost every day for the last couple of years I definitely have my favourites. 


1. Large angled contour - F40 
2. Tapered highlighter - F35 
3. Large powder - F20 
4. Concealer 
5. Tapered blending E35 
6. Duo fibre powder/blush F15
7. Tapered Blending E40 
8. Powder/blush E10 
9. Medium angled shading E20 
10. Pencil - E30



Large angled contour - F40 
The F40 brush is the perfect brush to apply blush onto your cheeks. 


Tapered highlighter - F35 

Perfect to apply highlight above your cheekbones 

Large powder - F20 
Perfect to set your translucent powder 


Concealer 
Name said it all perfect for under eye concealer or cleaning up the brows. 

Tapered blending E35 
Perfect for blending out the transition shade 

Duo fibre powder/blush F15
Best brush for powder contour fits perfectly in the hollows of your cheekbones. 

Tapered Blending E40 
Very similar to the other E35 but a little bit bigger, perfect for blending out all of the shadows. 


Powder/blush E10 
Love this brush for setting my under eye highlight. 

Medium angled shading E20 
This is my favourite brush for the outer v of my eye. Perfect for packing the shadow down. 

Pencil - E30
This is also another favourite brush to apply eyeshadow on the lash line. 

Comments

Popular Posts