Makeup of the night: Girls night


You know what the best thing is about heading out with your friends? is getting ready. I find that is what excites me the most about going out with your girlfriends. 
For me personally, when I go out I like to only do makeup that brings out my features the most and use a colour that suits me.


Steps: 

Face 
1. Before I apply my foundation I like to hydrate my face with a moisturiser, I usually like to apply a lot and then wait a minute or so before applying my foundation. 

2. I apply my foundation using a beauty blender and my favourite foundation at the moment is nars long wear foundation.  

3. I like to also wait a minute for my foundation to dry before I apply more creams. Once my foundation has dried I like to apply my Concealer which I have been using is the Tarte shape tape concealer. I apply the concealer in the areas I like to highlight my face which is usually the centre of my face. 

4. Once my concealer has been applied and has dried, I like to go into my cream bronzer (I only do this when I'm tanned) and the cream bronzer I use is the Chanel cream bronzer. I apply the cream bronzer in the areas that you would put the powder bronzer. 

5. Now that all my cream products have been placed on my skin, I like to set everything with powders. I first start with the concealer and set the areas I applied my concealer with the Kat Von D shade in light contour palette and use the banana shade place that over the areas you applied the concealer. 

6. Onto the cream bronzer areas. So where you applied the cream bronzer I like to take my powder bronzer Give me sun by Mac Cosmetics and apply that over the areas you used the cream. This is my favourite part out of my whole routine. 

7. Once I have set my whole face with powders I like to then clean up underneath where I used the bronzer just to make sure everything is all neat. For this step, I like to use the Hourglass translucent powder to also set the foundation under my contour and also to clean up that area. I love using this translucent powder because it adds a natural dewy glow to the skin. 

8. While still using the hourglass translucent powder I like to bake the areas where I haven't used any powder products to set my face. That's usually my forehead and under my contour, I tend to leave the powder on for about 3-5 minutes before removing. 

9. Blush. I feel like people either love or hate blush, you can never win. I personally love blush because it adds in the colour that you removed on your face. The two blush I like to use is the Mac warm sole or the Nars Orgasm. 

10. Highlight. Highlight is the second favourite thing in my routine I use to always try different highlights but now I have found my favourite one. lately, I have been loving the Hourglass radiant highlight. It's the perfect highlight for both skin tones. 



Eyebrows 

1. I like to brush my hairs in one direction to make sure they're all in place than the start of my brow I like to brush upwards.  

2. I like to dip into my Dipbrow by Anastasia Beverly Hills and outline my arch. I always start in the middle because I don't want the start of my brows to look really harsh. 

3. After outlining my brows I like to fill in my eyebrow, Once that is done with the leftover product on my brush I like to brush forward to fill in the start of my eyebrow and then brush up to give it more of a "natural" look. 

4. Most of the times I don't really need to clean up my brows but if I do I will take a flat brush and just grab some little bit of concealer and outline my brow just to clean it up and blend it out. 


Eyeshadow 

1. First I always have to prime my eyelids. Lately, I have been loving the P Louise rumour base for my primer. 

2. After applying my eyelid primer I went into the benefit hoola bronzer and applied it too all over my lid for a soft brown look. 

3. Once I have finish blending out my benefit shade I went into the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette and applied the shade "buns" and mixed it with "Mocha" and applied it on my outer V to give it that smokey effect. 

4. The next thing I did on my eyes is grabbed a pencil brush and apply "mocha" and "Soda pop" and apply those to shades to my lash line to act like an eyeliner. 

5. Now all of my shadows are placed down I got a clean brush and blended everything together one last time to make sure I haven't missed anything. 

6. Now that my shadow has been applied and blended out I applied some mascara on my lashes using the Too face better than sex mascara. While waiting for my lashes to dry. 

7. I like to take the Holygrail cosmetic lashes in the style "smitten" and applying them to my lashes once the glue is tacky. 

8. While waiting for my lashes to dry I like to go in and line my waterline with black eyeliner to finish off the smokey look. I don't have a pacific eyeliner I like but the one I use is from Kylie Cosmetics. 

Lips 

1. The first thing I like to do before applying any lip product is to make sure I wiped away any foundation that is on my lips or any other makeup that has gotten on them. 

2. Once I have done that I like to line my lips with Stripdown by Mac Cosmetics and fill them in. 

3. After applying my lipliner all over my lips I then take my lipstick and apply that over the top. The lipstick I have been loving lately is Honeylove also from Mac. 


Now that all of my makeup is done, I like to spray some Setting spray just to make sure everything stays in place. The one I swear by is Urban Decay all nighter setting spray. This one is amazing and always last for me. 


Jess Xx 







Comments

Popular Posts