Maybelline total temptation range: review


I get a lot of PR packages in the mail and this is by far my most favourite PR I've received. I usually work with small brands which I'm always grateful for but this is the first time I get to work with a well-known brand I'm super excited about this opportunity. Now I gotta stop rambling and get into the review. 






What's inside the total temptation range: 
Unfortunately, when you purchase all of these products as a customer you won't receive the packaging that comes with every product. But what is inside the pr package is... 
  • Brow pencil $10.69 
  • Total temptation palette $29 
  • Mascara $13         
First impression of each product:

Eyeshadow palette: For a drugstore palette I was really impressed. The pigment was really good and only with one swipe of each shadow, it came on nicely without having to go back for more. I used my fingers to apply the two champagne colours and applied it to the centre of my lid. I can definitely see myself reaching for this palette whenever I want a soft everyday champagne look. 

Brow pencil: I wasn't too overly impressed with this eyebrow pencil because the pay off wasn't that great. I had to keep on applying the product about 5 times before I could notice any pigment and after applying the eyebrow pencil I notice my eyebrows were looking very drawn on and not natural. 

Maybe I didn't like this product because I'm used to using brow pomade and powders. I'll definitely give this product another go and see if I can find a way to work for me. 


Mascara: I also wasn't overly impressed with this mascara because of how big the applicator is. I personally find bigger the applicator, the harder it is to apply mascara. Firstly I applied the mascara like you normally would and then I notice I got some mascara all over my eyeshadow which I was okay with and I waited for the mascara to dry before I remove it. 

I started to remove the mascara that was transferred onto my look, as I was doing that I notice that it was smeared all over my look and ruining everything I have done before. I ended up removing what was left over and having to apply my eyeshadow again, over the top of was my mascara smeared. 

Since I had a few black marks above my lashes I decided to apply some of the black eyeshadow from the palette to apply as an eyeliner to hide my mistakes. 

I'm quite disappointed because even though I always buy high-end makeup I always buy my mascaras from Maybelline :( 

Final look I came up with: 





Final verdict: 
Like I said in my thoughts above I was only really impressed with the eyeshadow palette. The mascara and the eyebrow products lasted all day and so did the eyeshadow. I will definitely be reaching for the palette for an everyday look.

Even though I didn't like the Brow pencil and the mascara I was still impressed with how long they last, I had all my makeup on for about 9 hours and they were still applied perfectly.

*This Package was sent in PR all my thoughts are based on my own experience, Just because a product doesn't work out for me. doesn't mean it isn't going to work out for you. * 

Love, 



Comments

Popular Posts