Why I started a blog and What I've learned from being a blogger in the first 4 months



I've had this blog for quite some time but it's only been the start of May of this year that I've cracked down and started working for the life I've always dreamed about having. I've always been pretty creative and I thought I'd put that to good use.


I started creating websites when Myspace was around and creating cool pages with my theme song and learning HTML coding at a very young age, then myspace died and Tumblr became the next thing and of course, I had to jump onto the bandwagon of Tumblr I remember being somewhat "Tumblr famous" with 30,000 followers and I thought that was a big thing and people must really like my page.


______________ 

I knew I needed to be a blogger when they started to become the next big hit but I remember I didn't know how and what to blog about. I started doing Instagram and creating pictures that I thought were artistic and still showed a little bit of my personality and then  I started sharing my makeup looks on Instagram in 2016 and It took off and that's when I knew I found my calling. 

______________



Over the last 4 months, I've learnt a lot about myself through this blog and found a new passion for writing I personally find writing very therapeutic and for someone like me who constantly over thinks It's a great way to let all my craziness out. I have had my moments where I wanted to quit this whole Industry but then when I get a new opportunity to work with a brand I love and that's when  I knew I couldn't quit, I would just work harder and harder. 

______________ 

Enough with the rambling, I don't want this post to be too long. Here are some tips that I've learnt in a short amount of time. 

1) Takes a lot of time and dedication 
Working a part-time blog is a lot of work and it isn't easy. You need to create good content for your readers otherwise no one will enjoy your blog. You need to prioritise your time too if you want to be good at what you do you need to make time for it, If that means working on your blog rather then hanging out with your friends then that's what you have to do. 

2) It's okay to reach out to your favourite brands to work with
Some bloggers aren't okay with this but I am. Think of your blog as a business when you are your own boss YOU have to find the work, you have to constantly be on the go and finding brands to work with. Do you know how many bloggers there are? Millions and they might not even know you exist so contacting them first is totally okay. 

3) You'll hear more No's than Yes's 
 Going from my previous tip if you are sending out emails to your favourite brands there most likely going to say No and that is okay just find another brand to work with. Just keep working hard on your blog and your blog content and I'm sure one day a brand will love your work and would want to work with you. 

4) You don't need Instagram to be a blogger 
Yes, I said it You don't need Instagram run a blog. Instagram is good to have because you can get a little personal and people can see behind the scene and what not but you do not need it! Put your time and effort into your blog because you don't have to worry about all the changes because your the one that makes all the changes and you don't have to let the numbers bother you. 

______________

I hope this gives you some courage to start your blog if you've always wanted to start one but you never know how. If you do start a blog please send me a link I would love to take a look at it. 

Love, 




Comments

Popular Posts