Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer: Review



Tatcha is a brand that I have been dying to try but it is also a brand that even though I really want their products to try,  I never seem to get myself to purchase from them. Butttt, I finally decided to bite the bullet after writing Wednesday's blog post and purchased it.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that does this but if a product is over $70 I need to do all my research because I want to make sure it's worth the money. As I was reading the reviews I notice that there were about 90+ reviews and only 3 of them had 1 star, when I saw this I was like yep sold.

Close shot after applying primer and foundation

First Impression

I promised myself that I would only use this primer on special occasions or events and not everyday use but when I first got it I couldn't help myself and needed to see what the fuss was all about. I applied the primer using my hands and I notice that this primer definitely feels like silk, I also notice how light it feels on the skin.

After applying the primer I waited a minute before applying my concealer and foundation to my skin. I always love to use my Holygrail cosmetics buffer brush when I apply my foundation. I didn't notice any crazy change while applying my foundation but once I finish applying everything onto my skin I loved how Dewy everything looks and how it removed all of my pores (not my under eye bags unforchently ah ah ah)

When I applied the primer It was my "long" day at work and god it was busy and it was also a very hot day too. I quickly ran to the bathroom to see what my skin looks like and everything stayed the same, nothing moved and nothing was creasing. Usually, around my nose, everything starts to separate but this time it didn't.

Overall for my first impression I really liked the Tatcha primer.

The second day using 
I thought with this review I would change things up and give you guys an update every time I use it before this post goes live. I applied the primer the same way as I did the first time using this. But this time I notice I my foundation and powder got really cakey and powdery (if that makes sense). I don't think It was to do with the primer though I think it's because I put too much foundation on and powder on my skin, even though this happened on the second day of use it still stayed on all day and nothing moved, it was perfect.

Final verdict 
I personally think that this primer is worth the money. But I would only use this for special occasions because who wants to waste there $74 for work? not me. But in saying that if you are doing long days and need to wear a full face of makeup then I recommend using this primer. The only downside of this primer is that you need to apply a lot of product on your face because of the formula but in saying that you do get quite a fair bit in the pot, that's the one thing I like about the Tatcha brand is that even though the range is expensive you always get a lot of product


Love,


Comments

Popular Posts