How to achieve a flawless foundation base




So much has changed since my last every day/foundation routine and I'm actually so happy with my routine now that I need to show you what I do and how I apply each product. I use to be an eyeshadow girl but lately, I have been loving just focusing on my base and getting that to look "perfect" and then just chucking on a pair of lashes to finish the look.
1. Hydrate your skin 
I can't stress enough how important it is to hydrate your skin before applying all your base products. If you hydrate your skin on a regular basis then you won't need a lot of foundation and I personally think less is more. 

2. While applying your foundation 
I use to be a beauty blender girl for applying foundation but recently I was sent in PR this amazing brush set and ever since I have reviewed the brushes I have been using them none stop. I personally love to apply at least one pump of foundation onto each section on the face and then buff it in with a buffer brush for a full yet flawless finish. 

3. Conceal and Correct
I never use to apply Concealer or Colour Correcter and I can see a big difference. I apply my colour correcter after I apply primer and before I apply foundation and then blend it out with a beauty blender (the only time in my makeup routine I still use a sponge) doing this step really makes a huge difference.


4. Spray a mist before applying powder 
I never understood makeup artist who did this step but now I see why. I love spraying Mac Fix plus before applying any powders so the cream products can melt into the skin for more of a flawless look. I do also like to blend everything out with a beauty blender while the fix plus is drying just to make sure there are no brush streaks on my face. 

5. Apply powder to each section on your face and not all over
By this step, I don't mean to grab your translucent powder and brush it all over. Each step you should apply a different powder for your under eyes apply either a translucent powder or a banana shade to set the eyes or if you apply a cream bronzer then set your bronzer with a powder bronzer etc. I personally love the look when each step is having the same powder on top because it looks less cakey and less powdery(if that's even a word).



I hope this blog post helps you to have a flawless foundation base. I would love to know what products and what steps you do to achieve your flawless routine. 

Love, 

Comments

Popular Posts