Lip Fillers l 7 Things you need to know




Lip Fillers you either love them, or you hate them there is no in-between. This topic is sometimes hard to talk about with your loved ones because you don't know what their reaction is going to be like. I remember when I first told my family they were not happy at all until I found an AMAZING doctor they finally came around and realise that this is something that would make me really happy.

1. Have a rough idea on what "style" of lip you want. 
This tip isn't a must because if your doctor is really good then she/he would know what is best for your face, but if you have a style of lip you like then show a photo to the doctor and they will decide whether it will suit your face or not.  

2. The procedure doesn't hurt but after it kills.
When I was getting my lips done for the first time it didn't hurt one bit when they were putting the needles into your lips it's a little pinch and that's it. After though is another story, your lips are stretching and getting bigger and bigger and so, of course, you will feel some tension. To make the pain a little bit bearable grab a packet of baby wipes and put them in the freezer. (do this before your appointment to make sure they're ready to go when you have finished) and use that as an ice pack to numb your lips.

3. Swelling lasts a couple of days.
Don't stress when you come out of your appointment and your lips are looking massive. The swelling will go down 24/48 hours after your appointment. I'm pretty lucky that my swelling only lasts 24 hours but my bruising lasts about a week.

4. You will bruise. 
This is the one thing I hate about getting my lips done. The bruising, I bruise pretty bad and mine always lasts about a week or so, I have to take a week off work (I work retail) whenever I get them done because no matter how much makeup I apply you can still see them, but the bruising will fade over time.

5.Painful areas.
Some areas will hurt more than others, I'm pretty good with pain and it doesn't hurt a lot for me but some areas have a little more tension. The areas that hurt for me are usually the centre of my lips both top and bottom.

6. It's addictive.
I'm sure you already know this about lip fillers but honestly, once you start it's very hard to stop. Be careful with how much you are putting into your body. I usually wait 18 months between each appointment to get my lips touched up, and mine lasts a very long time in my body and I don't want them looking crazy and unnatural.

7. Make sure you follow your aftercare properly.
This is a MUST!! they don't give the aftercare cards out for no reason. Follow everything they tell you to do and do it properly.

Straight after appointment


Love,




Comments

Popular Posts