Tales of a Freelancer: Productivity



As a freelance writer/editor you don't have a boss hounding your every move to make sure you get everything done. You're the boss, you make all the decisions and everything else that comes with being a boss.



Some people may think 'oh being your own boss would be pretty cool and easy' being your own boss is really cool because like I mentioned above you get to make all the choices and all the changes, but it can also be really hard to be on the go all the time. I know a lot of people always ask me "how do you stay so organise all the time?"

When someone asked me that question I thought it would be a cool idea to create a blog post all about productivity and give some advice to those who are considering becoming their own boss.

WHY ARE YOU DREADING DOING SOMETHING YOU SUPPOSEDLY LOVE?
If you find yourself finding it really hard to do something you love and you don't really enjoy then do you really love it? because if it is something you do love you won't dread it. Find out what the issue is and change it whether that is changing the style or changing something small. When you love something it will feel natural and won't feel like an issue.

CREATE LISTS 
I've only just started doing this step and honestly, it has changed my life (sounds so dramatic, I know) but it keeps me above all my task and once I have completed it I just tick it off and feel refreshed again.

USE A CALENDAR 
This is also something I have been loving doing. Every Sunday I sit down and organise my week, whether that is social or work I write EVERYTHING down. On my phone and on my laptop so when I'm on the go I know what I'm doing and how much time I have.

KNOW YOUR PRIORITIES
If you have been doing blogging for quite some time and you are starting to get more brand work make sure you prioritize those over the posts that you didn't get paid for. Paid work always come first over the stuff that isn't getting paid.


  
If you have been doing blogging for quite some time or even any type of freelance work, what tips have you been doing to make your life easier? would love to hear them.

Love,


Comments

Popular Posts