Every Beauty Tip, Trick and Hack I learnt in 2018



Okay, you're here, fantastic. Now close your eyes picture an Australian summer hot night your in a forest and a wild blogger appears out of now where sitting at her computer and struggling to create a fantastic blog post for her readers with her hair in a messy bun (lobsided) wearing some denim shorts and a dusty rose bodysuit and a Gucci belt (had to add that in) barefoot and scrambling to find words to type.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, that girl you imagen is me sitting on my laptop, not in a forest part (added that in to make myself sound cool and trying to make sure you won't get bored). I've been sitting in on this idea for a long time, well really the last day or so and I haven't been able to get anything out, I guess I'm experiencing writer's block for the first time and I don't know how to handle it. 

Anyway enough with the excuses, I'm sure you are all aware that we have just started 2019 and In this blog post I'm going to be telling you guys all about my tips and tricks of all the beauty hacks I've learnt over the last year. 

01. Using fewer powder products, I use to love a matte foundation finish but after having tested and tried out a few different techniques I've completely changed my ways. I'm now a full coverage dewy/glowy girl. I hardly ever use any type of translucent powder to set any part of my face only to set my undereye bags and under my contour to clean up to that mess. If you are a bit confused on what I mean I use cream products for everything cream bronzer, cream highlighter cream blush etc and to set each cream product I use a powder bronzer or a powder blush to set the cream blush. 

02. Spray any type of dewy mist after applying all your cream and powders, Before moving onto my brows and my eye makeup I have been loving spraying any type of dewy mist to my skin and bouncing a beauty blender over the top to set the spray doing this you achieve more of skin like finish. 

03. Before I apply my foundation I have really been making sure that my skin has been prepared really well. I always make sure I apply my moisturiser and primer but the one thing I have also been loving to add to my routine is adding a glowy cream before I apply foundation. I personally think that it makes a HUGE difference if you're going for the dewy look. 

04. Liquid highlighters and strobe creams Have become one of my favourite part of my routine. Even though Powder highlighters are great there's nothing like a little bit of liquid highlighter, I love applying a dot of liquid highlighter onto my cheekbones, down the bone of my nose a little on my chin and cupids bow and some on my forehead before applying any powder highlighter, I feel like this extra step really makes you shine brighter. 

05. Creamy lipliners & velvet liquid lipsticks I use to be all about matte lips but every single time I notice whenever I apply any matte lipsticks (not all, some) my lips become cakey and gross after a couple of hours. I found a new formal which is the velvet finish and If you are a beauty junkie like me I'm sure you have heard about it. I find that these two formal makes my lips look bigger and better because they're not all caked up and cracked. 

06. Applying your foundation with a buffing brush, I use to be a beauty blender girl for years until my favourite lash company sent me there new face brush set. I tried it out immediately and fell in love, It gave an even more full coverage look and it didn't look streaky it sat on my skin amazingly. 




What are some of your favourite tips and tricks you have learnt in 2018 to improve your makeup routine? 

Love Always, 


Comments

Popular Posts