Huda Beauty Concealer vs Too Face Born this way concealer vs Tarte Tape Shape Concealer



Concealer is one of the most important steps in making sure your base is perfect, it can really transform your face from full coverage to flawless in minutes. I always love finding concealers that kill two birds with one stone, covering up those nasty under eye bags and brightening up that area. I'm always on a hunt for a new concealer and can never be fully satisfied but I think I've finally found the one.
With someone that has really bad undereye bags, It's quite hard to find the "perfect" concealer because of how bad they are and how they always show through no matter what concealer I wear. I've decided to test out three concealers too see if they deliver to the concealer gods and do exactly what I've always asked for and to do exactly what they claim to do.



Too Face Born This Way Concealer 
DESCRIPTION: A lightweight, natural finish, full coverage concealer infused with coconut water to hydrate. The claims are that the concealer has a 12-hour crease-free wear and has no flashback.

The Difference: The previous Born this way concealer had 7ml of product and also came in 12 shades but with the new formula now comes with a 15ml amount of product and has expanded their shade range too 20 new shades, which is an amazing shade range for a concealer.

What I thought: I really love this concealer and always see myself gravitating towards the Born this way concealer. I love how big the applicator is and how easy it is applying the product onto your skin. The product blends so nicely and looks incredible once you have all your makeup all in place, I personally recommend using your fingers to blend out the product for the best result as the warmth of your fingers blends out the product nicely. The one downside to this product is how big the packaging is, I find that this concealer would be a really hard product to pack if you are going away and wanting to pack lightly.

What shade I wear: Swan



Huda Beauty Overachiever Concealer 
Description: Overachiever is a concealer armed with skincare and actives a cooling zamac tip. Overachiever doesn't just cover and conceals, but also smooths the delicate skin around the eyes with every application.

What I thought: Ahh, I feel so guilty posting a negative review but everyone on Instagram wanted to hear what I thought about the concealer. I really didn't like it at all, I applied the concealer like normal and also set the concealer with Huda's powder. At first, it looked fine but after a while, the concealer was separating and wasn't looking good at all. It looked really cakey and around my nose, it removed all of my foundations and you could see my skin under. I tried to make it work with different products and different techniques but unforchently it didn't sit right with my skin. I did want to throw one thing I did like about the concealer was the applicator, I really did like how the concealer was designed because I found that it was really nice and felt really cool on my skin while I was applying the product onto my skin.

What shade I wear: Whipped Cream


Tarte Tape Shape Concealer 
Description: A Vegan, Super Blendable concealer that instantly helps brighten, smoothen, and give the skin a firmer and more lifted look.

What I thought: I won't go too much into this concealer because I love this concealer. This concealer has always been a long time favourite of mine but has always been super hard to get in Australia (Sephora now sells it, yay) I always love using this concealer for a cream bronzer, but I will always recommend and lean towards this.

What Shade I wear: Normally I wear the lightest shade for my under eyes (I've run out) but the one I have in the photo is Light-Medium Sand

The final verdict:
 Out of all three concealers my favourite one has to be Too Face Born this way concealer. I find that the Born This Way Concealer is the perfect concealer for every type of condition such as travelling, the applicator is really nice and cooling on the skin and the actual product is amazing.




Love Always,


Comments

Popular Posts