How to achieve the perfect soft glam for any occasion


Lately, I have been really loving soft makeup that suits any type of occasion. Full beat face, with subtle eyes, has been a go-to look of mine for quite some time now. I feel like the older I get the more I like the 'less is more' look. I've really been digging the golden/glowy bronzed look that makes you look like you haven't got a lot of makeup on your face but in reality, you've used a lot of products to achieve that effortless glow.




The Base

I've been really big on skincare and making sure my skin is all nice and hydrated before I apply any type of product on my skin. So today I moisturize with my Drunk Elephant whipped cream and let that sit on my skin for a couple of minutes before applying any other face product. I then applied some of Marc Jacobs Dew You Gel Highlighter drops just to add that little extra glow to my skin. 

Once I have finished preparing my skin for makeup I go in with Tatchas dewy skin mist just to make sure my skin is really hydrated and will sit on my skin really well. After letting all the products sit for a couple of minutes I always love to take my Urban Decay Oil drops and apply that onto my skin I find doing this really makes your foundation look more skin like then have a powder finish (I really hate that look). 

Finally, onto the foundation, I have three foundations I always reach for and all three foundations I wear depending on what the occasion is. I always reach for Bobbi Brown LongWear (I usually wear day to day because  its more medium to full coverage) Nars Raident Longwear (I wear this if I know I'm going to be out in the sun all day) and last, not least I also have been loving Mac Cosmetics Studio Fix foundation (I reach for this when I want a full full coverage foundation and I know there won't be any flashback photos). 

Concealer, Concealer is actually one of my favourite parts of my makeup routine because I feel like sometimes foundation doesn't always stick onto your face for whatever reason and you can just go in with some concealer to fix up that redness and those bad under eyes. Lately, I have really been loving the Too Face Born This Way concealer I find that the big applicator really gets right in. When I blend out my concealer I always love to use either my fingers or a sponge, I find using a brush for concealer takes a lot of the coverage away. 

I say I hate powder but powder is a step you must have in your routine, this step I always have two I reach for are Face Of Australia and Kat Von D shade in light. With this look, I reached for my good old trusty Face Of Australia Translucent powder. 

I really love contouring and adding bronzer to my face because it adds life back in after removing all the redness. I've added a new bronzer to my routine and have been loving it and used it for this look which is the Hourglass Ambient lightening bronzer. 

No look is complete without a blush, I have always loved and reach for are my Nars blush collection today my hand gravitated towards the blush from Nars 'Sex Appeal' It's the perfect shade if you're super pale like me. 

Highlighter!! My favourite step of my makeup routine. I applied some of the Marc Jacobs Holiday Collection highlighters and it added the perfect subtle golden glow to my face without applying too much. Definitely recommend purchasing if you're on a hunt for a luxury highlight. 


The Eyes 

When I think of any type of 'soft glam' makeup looks I always think of full coverage beat with a brown/cream eye makeup look, and that's what I've gone today. After brushing my brows I went in with the ABH dipbrow in the shade ebony to define my brows. 
For this look, I decided to go in with Huda Beauty's Desert Dusk palette to create a gradient soft brown/cream eye look. 

Crease Colours: Desert Sand mixed with Eden 
Outer Corner: Amber mixed with Oud 
Mobile Lid: Desert Sand 

I finished off this look with some mascara and used the Nars Climax mascara for a full lash look since I didn't go in with lashes. 


The Lips 
Since my eyes have some red-brown undertone too it I felt like most of my nude lipsticks didn't look good and looked too dark and heavy, when doing a soft glam I always like to keep the lips simple too so I went in with Fenty Beauty's universal lipgloss, It's perfect if you don't want a lot going on with your lips but you still want something on. 


Love Always, 


Comments

Popular Posts