Huda Beauty Bake Powder Review, Worth the hype?



Huda Beauty took the internet by a storm when she launched her Baking powder Seris too her line, but this time she got a different response then she normally does. She received a lot of backlashes and if you are a beauty junkie like me you would have seen it all over Instagram. The Controversy came up when people starting to notice that her range looked a lot like Beauty Bakery's powders.
After seeing all the reviews and seeing how many people aren't happy with the marketing campaign It's hard to decide if the product is actually worth your money. I've finally decided to take the plunge ( a couple of months later) to test for myself to see if the product is worth the hype.

I have been using the same translucent powder for almost 2-3 years and have always gone back to it after trying out new ones, I'm so interested in seeing if this will beat my love for my old one, or if I won't be happy with it.

I'll be using this powder to set the areas where I applied my concealer and this time I also used Huda Beauty Overachiever concealer. The areas where I applied my concealer and where I will be using Huda's powder is under my eyes, Chin, Cupid's bow and forehead.


The Review:
After trying out the concealer and being rather disappointed with the product, I decided to try the powder on its own and with the concealer I love to give the product a chance and don't lose all hope of Huda Beauty face products. I applied my Too Face Born This Way Concealer and then applied Huda Beauty powder on top and oh my god, it looked amazing and so flawless. I personally don't like to bake because I always find it so drying and cakey, but I applied Huda's powder with a dry beauty blender to get the product right in there and brush it off with a large powder brush. I got the lightest shade mainly to use as a powder to lighten my makeup if I were to go to heavy handed with any of my makeup. I am glad that I gave the powder a go separately to the concealer and didn't write it out completely.

Will I buy it again?
I don't think I would rush out and buy it again, because I feel like there are better powders on the market but if you do want to give it a go for yourself and see if you do like it then I would say go for it, you won't be disappointed. 

Do you like any of Huda Beauty's products? If so which one? I always love the Liquid lipsticks and her eyeshadow palettes I'm so disappointed that none of her face products works well for me :( 


Love Always, 



Comments

Popular Posts