The Quick Flick stamp eyeliner, Are they worth it?


I had always been a little sceptical of these eyeliner stamps ever since they have launched. I mean eyeliner is something that I have always struggled with even when I did my makeup courses it was something I cannot achieve, so when I saw these videos floating around on Instagram of these eyeliner stamps I had to get onto the bandwagon and give it ago. Since my eyes are hooded and deep set I thought going with the biggest wing they have would be my best option, I went with the 12ml.




The Honest Review:
I started with the right eye first because I thought that it would be a little bit easier for me to try out for the first time. The first thing I notice when I took the two eyeliners out of the packet was that the logo was coming off and I had gold flakes all over my hands, see on the packaging where it has the letter L half of the wing has come off, I didn't think anything of this because I maybe got a dud packaging and packaging isn't always a deal breaker for me. I opened up the eyeliner and another thing I notice and wasn't happy with was the fact that I got eyeliner all over my hands and it wasn't a small amount either, so at this point I wasn't very impressed straight away.




Even though they were small minor issues that could come down to a faulty packet, I proceed to go on and apply the wing to my eyes. Well, what a disaster that was. I stamped the eyeliner on like how they did in the videos from the corner of my eyes to the tail of my brows, the first time I stamped the liner on the liner didn't apply properly where my crease is, in fact, it actually didn't apply at all as you can see in the photos. I went in with the felt tip to fix that area up and as I was doing that I notice that the eyeliner was bleeding and spreading up onto my mobile lid and my 'wing' was looking really stumpy. 

The Final Verdict:
I find that the eyeliner packaging is to thick and the stamp is too big which makes it hard to position and hold the product. The stamp should be smaller but longer so it would be easier to stamp on the perfect wing but instead, it was really hard and half of the wing didn't even go on properly. I mean it could be my eye shape that is the reason why the product wasn't working well but I've seen that they have said in the past that the stamp and the eyeliner work well on all eye shapes. I personally don't think that's true from my experience. I feel if you are looking into buying these stamps (not just from quick flick) it's best to have an eye shape where you have a lot of room to create anything you please and have no extra skin at all. 

Disclaimers:
I've been a little unsure whether to post this review because of how negative it is and how I just wanted to keep my happy place a positive place but at the same time, I want to be honest and share my experience even if it is negative. I just want to put this disclaimer in if a product doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it's not going to work for you there is absolutely no shade towards quick flick, there just the brand I reached for in Priceline. 


Love Always,




Comments

Popular Posts